Dave’s Place is a twice yearly free event open to current GCLC members, Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend. General info is below but be sure to read the requirements for attendance in bold.
Dave is a charter member of the GCLC and lives outside of Windham, NY (Exit 21 off the NYS Thruway). The trail network that he and his dad built cover about 2/3rds of his 100+ acre property. Trails range from a “leisurely drive” in the woods to “let’s go break something”. Sort of like a very mini Paragon or Rausch Creek.
There is a large grassy field for camping and hanging out, and GCLC will supply Porta-Potties at our expense.
- YOU MUST BE A CURRENT PAID MEMBER OF GCLC TO ATTEND.
- There is NO COST associated with this weekend.
- Please read the GCLC Trail Ride Safety and Equipment Checklist. It will be enforced.
- You will receive links to both a GCLC waiver and Dave’s waiver in your confirmation email. Both must be printed, signed, and brought to the gathering by all attendees. They will be collected on site by a GCLC officer.
- There are NO OTHER SERVICES available so bring what you need and pack out what you pack in.
There is a gas station close by as well as places for breakfast and dinner so you don’t have to go nuts unless that’s how you roll, however we have been having gourmet Iron Chef cook-outs over open wood fires that have been ridiculous. Many of us bring portable grills as well, so bring what you like to eat. We share everything and we’ll keep a list of who’s bringing what.
The schedule is whatever you want it to be. Come and go as you please as long as you are respectful of his property, his neighbors, and his home. He has invited GCLC members up from Friday evening through Monday.
This is a very low key “non-event” in a very relaxed, controlled, and scenic environment. It is terrific for kids both young and old.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the weekend and get on the list. You will receive a confirmation email with detailed directions to his house along with the rest of the documents. Due to the size of the property we are forced to limit attendance to the first 20 trucks.
Please do not post or forward these directions anywhere or to anyone. It is his home and his private property.