July 10 – 13, 2019
The Coal Mine Cruiser Classic (CMCC) is an off-road event hosted by the Gotham City Land Cruisers, LLC (GCLC). This annual gathering originated in 1999 and helped to get the GCLC off the ground. In its first year CMCC hosted fewer than 20 vehicles. Since then it has become one of the largest club-organized gatherings on the East Coast. Recent events have seen over 80 vehicles with 120 plus participants. The event has always been family oriented and kid friendly. Many folks bring their entire family along.
Note that drivers must be a member of TLCA to attend. Please see the TCLA website for details.
Participants who attend CMCC come from all walks of life and are some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. We have hosted families from MD, NY, MA, CT, VA, PA, NH, VT, OH, CO, KS, NJ, and Canada. You will meet business executives, NASA scientists; college students, computer programmers, filmmakers, engineers, and, we are honored to say, a number of police officers, firefighters and EMT personnel.
This four-day event with wheeling for every skill level will be held July 10-13, 2019.
CMCC 2019 will be based at the common area at Twin Grove Campground. This venue is about a 20 minute drive (13 miles) from Rausch Creek. The facilities at Twin Grove are fantastic and the folks that run it are great. It is very kid friendly.
Off road trails are at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, the premier off-road park of the North East, located in the heart of the central PA coal district, featuring over 3,000 acres of widely varied terrain offering everything from rugged dirt roads to extreme hardcore rock gardens. Rausch Creek has trails of all difficulty levels to accommodate drivers and vehicles of all levels from beginner through intermediate to hardcore. Obstacles you can expect to encounter at Rausch Creek include hill climbs, mud holes, off camber trails, and some of the most intense rock crawling offered on the East Coast.
This was such a resounding success last year, we’re doing it again. This time with a choice of 2 different trips.
Choose between a 3 day/2 night or a 4 day/3 night “overland” style trip to explore the back roads of central Pennsylvania, the gravel roads and drivable trails of the Bald Eagle State Forest (BESF) and the charms and sites of the small towns along the way.
You will be able to sign up for either ExpoCMCC trip once you have completed your CMCC registration. There is no additional fee for the ExpoCMCC trips.
Please read our Trail Ride Safety and Equipment Checklist.
All vehicles will be inspected before hitting the trails.
All vehicles MUST have a CMCC inspection sticker to participate in the event.
This is a TLCA and GCLC requirement.
Please note that all CMCC registration fees must be paid in advance via PayPal. We no longer accept any other form of payment for registration. Walk-in registrants/on-site payments will not be accommodated.
Registration for CMCC 2019 is $75. This includes: one Saturday night adult dinner, one event shirt, one driver’s swag bag. See the event registration form for additional a la carte costs.
This year we will be donating a portion of the raffle proceeds to The Jillian Fund.
The Jillian Fund objective: “provide financial support during a time of crisis to allow family members to better focus on supporting their sick child. Our network of social workers and our dedicated review committee evaluate and verify each request for financial need, and payments are made directly to service providers such as mortgage companies, utilities, etc.”
We have also added an option on the CMCC registration form to make an additional donation.
Wheeling Fees for Rausch Creek
Rausch Creek fees and waivers are handled by Rausch Creek staff at the park. The cost is $50 per vehicle per day which covers the vehicle and driver. Passengers 16 and older are $10 per day. An additional $20 yearly renewable membership fee is also required by the park for the driver.
Rausch Creek requires waivers for all drivers and passengers. Children age 15 and younger are free, but require a separate waiver. Please visit the event links page for the required forms or the Rausch Creek website.
There are all levels of camping at Twin Grove, from primitive tent sites, to cabin rentals with private baths. Plenty of RV sites are available with water and electric hookups. Cabins go fast, so if you’re interested in one, do not delay in making a reservation. Tent Camping at Twin Grove Campground in the CMCC common area is $10 per night for Adults, $5 per night for Children under 13. There is plenty of room for trailers, tow vehicles, etc. Bathroom facilities are next to the common camping area with showers, restrooms, and laundry facilities. Campers staying at the common area do not need to make reservations with the campground, but campsites are available on a first come, first served basis. All others should call Twin Grove Campground at 717-865-4602. Reservations can also be made online through their website. Note: No adult beverages are allowed to be brought into Twin Grove Campground. However, adult beverages can be purchased on site. Other accommodations are available in the area. See the links below for details.
- Event check-in will take place at the CMCC HQ cabin A79 at Twin Grove Campground each evening from 8pm to 9pm. Your registration bag will include whatever items you pre-paid for on your CMCC registration form. Additional meals and other items will be available for purchase on site.
- Morning trail ride line up will be at the Rausch Creek staging area starting at 8am. Please make every effort to arrive early so we can get you out on the trails ASAP. Trucks will be separated into groups, each based on trail difficulty. Vehicle inspections will be done on a first come first served basis.
- Drivers and passengers must register and pay the associated Rausch Creek park fees and will receive wrist bands and windshield stickers for that day. Stickers must be displayed and wristbands must be worn while on Rausch Creek property.
- A driver meeting will be held each morning at 9am sharp at Rausch Creek and attendance is mandatory.
- Saturday night is the awesome BBQ dinner catered by BLAZING SWINE BBQ at Twin Grove, followed by the CMCC raffle. Dinner starts promptly at 5:30 pm.
NOTE: We do our best to accommodate every level of driver/vehicle and to limit the number of trucks in a group. If you encounter an obstacle on the trail that you are not comfortable with there are often bypasses available. Please speak to your trail leader.
If you think your day of trails was too difficult or not difficult enough you can switch to any group you wish.
CMCC 2019 will be bigger and better than ever! With everything the event has to offer we are confident you’ll enjoy your experience both on and off the trail.
SEE YOU THERE!
The not-so-fine Fine Print
- CMCC is a family oriented event and all attendees are expected to conduct themselves accordingly.
- No person shall be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any substances that may hinder thinking ability or reaction time on any CMCC managed trail ride.
- No illegal drugs, alcohol, firearms or weapons are allowed on any CMCC managed trail ride.
- An authorized agent of the GCLC may disqualify any vehicle/participant at any time for safety reasons.